Revised 23 June 2021
This privacy notice serves to articulate publicly how Gold Standard Radiation Detection, Inc. (“GSTND”) will handle the personally identifiable information it gathers and uses in the normal course of business. This privacy notice is subject to change and, if we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with an additional notice (such as by sending you a notification). This will demonstrate how GSTND will adhere to the legal requirements and agency policy determinations that enable gather and sharing of information to occur in a manner that protects personal privacy interests.
GSTND operates an interactive website that provides information about GSTND products and services and enables communications with GSTND and requests for information.
GSTND seeks to treat your information with respect and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. GSTND operates in compliance with the General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) with regard to residents of the European Union.
Information Covered by This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to personal information, including any information collected by GSTND, as described in detail below. This privacy notice applies to GSTND.com, any other websites operated by GSTND and any other products and services provided by GSTND (collectively, the “Services”). When you use GSTND’s Services, your information will be collected, used, and shared as described within the provisions of this notice.
II. Information We Collect
GSTND may collect personal information when 1) it is provided to us by the data subject; 2) when a data subject contacts us or uses our products and services; 3) a third party shares your information after receiving your consent to do so; and 4) when required by law.
- How We Collect Information – Information Provided to GSTND includes:
- Information provided by the user when contacting GSTND;
- Information given when you call or email GSTND (for support or otherwise); and
- Payment information when purchasing GSTND Services or products.
- How We Collect Information
- We may use technologies that collect information when you visit our website or use our other products and services.
- GSTND may collect information we receive from third parties who have gained your consent to share the information.
- How we Use Your Information
GSTND processes personal data only for the purposes explicitly described. GSTND uses this information for the following reasons:
- Providing you with Services:
- Providing you with useful content.
- Sending you updates, security alerts, and technical support messages.
- Processing payments and customer care.
- Maintaining and improving our Services
- Responding to your comments and customer service requests.
- Marketing and customizing our Services
- We must transmit certain information to third party e-mail processing vendors (including your email address if you have provided it) to send you notices and offers.
- Our use of your information for advertising is done with your consent where required by applicable law.
- Research and analytics
- Designing more effective user communications.
- Conducting analyses on our customer base.
- As required by law or as requested by law enforcement
- Fraud prevention measures.
- Responding to warrants, subpoenas, and other legal orders.
- Voluntarily cooperating with FBI or other investigations when GSTND deems it appropriate, in GSTND’s sole discretion.
- Sharing Information
GSTND will treat your information as confidential and will only share your information in limited circumstances including:
- Partners or agents involved with delivering the Services.
- Companies who are engaged to perform services on behalf of GSTND.
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organizations, or other public authorities if required by law.
- Third parties that we use for marketing services or third-party advertisers.
- How we Safeguard Your Information
GSTND implements reasonable and up-to-date security standards in its operations and its website to protect your information from unauthorized access, accidental loss, or unauthorized disclosure.
- Persistent cookies will remain on your computer until they are manually deleted. GSTND uses these cookies to recognize your preferences when you repeatedly visit our website or use our Services.
- Session cookies collect information on a particular period of browsing and expire at the end of your browsing session.
- Cookies will only be used with your consent. Your internet browser may also allow you to change your personal cookies settings in the “preferences” menu.
- Your Rights and Choices
- You may opt-out of receiving messages and promotional materials by sending a message to email@example.com. You may still receive service and support messages as well as disclosure statements required by law.
- Correction and Erasure
- You have the right to correct any personal information GSTND collects that is inaccurate or incomplete. If you make a request to us to correct data that you cannot correct yourself, you must clearly detail the information and why it is inaccurate or incomplete so that we may best determine if a correction is required.
- GSTND strives to retain and process your information for only as long as necessary. In some circumstances, you have the right to request that GSTND erase personal information that we collect. Please provide a detailed explanation for the reason of the request so that we can determine if there is a valid reason for erasure.
- Access and Portability
- You have the right to know what personal information GSTND collects and to access said information. Upon request, GSTND will provide a copy of such personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent and Objection of Processing
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to the processing of your personal information. This includes automated decisions that have impacted you. Please provide a detailed explanation for your request so that we can best determine if GSTND should stop processing your data for that purpose.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time in circumstances where GSTND relies on your consent for the processing of your personal information. You may object to the processing of your personal information when that processing is based on GSTND’s legitimate interest rather than your specific consent.
- EU Data Processing, Retention, and Transfers
If GSTND sends personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) to a country not in the EEA, GSTND will ensure that the data is properly protected. These transfers will be pursuant to the GDPR Commission’s standard international data transfer contractual clauses.
- Childrens’ Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from any persons under the age of 13. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 then we will remove said information from our records.
- Contact Us
- Please contact us with any questions you have regarding your privacy, our data protection practices, or if you would like to exercise your data protection rights under the GDPR. Our contact information may be found here:
Gold Standard Radiation Detection, Inc.
6300 Riverside Drive NW, Suite 100
Albuquerque, NM 87120
- Changes to this Policy